- I homeschooled our four children for 17 years.
- I’ve been a homeschool consultant since 2012, meeting with families one on one and speaking at homeschool conventions and support group meetings on homeschooling. I am no longer speaking for groups, but continue to meet with families to help them in their homeschool journey.
- I attended the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MACHE) home school conferences for most of the 17 years we homeschooled and received training for teaching there. I highly recommend the MACHE annual conference.
- I helped start and co-led the Constance E.T.C. home school co-op in Andover, MN for many years.
- I tutored students in reading and ESL. I utilized Dianne Craft’s brain integration therapy and right brain learning techniques as well as Susan Barton’s Orton Gillingham approach for teaching children with dyslexia.
- I worked as the phone responder for MACHE for 2-1/2 years and traveled the state of Minnesota the last 5 years giving Firm Foundations MACHE workshops for homeschoolers who were in the early years of homeschooling.
- I have a B.S.W (Bachelors in Social Work) from the University of North Dakota and a certificate to teach English as a Second Language.
- In my free time, I love to spend time with family and friends. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, swimming, and playing board games.
“I called Kris to help me better understand and prepare for high school with my children. I was so impressed with her preparedness before we met and the follow-up after. She tailored the meeting to the interests of my children and helped me make a plan for their high school years. She has an easy-going manner, cheerfulness, and clarity that helped our two-hour meeting be efficient and effective. I was singing her praises to my homeschool mom friends the next day and said it was the best $65 I’ve spent in years. Thanks, Kris.’’ — Michelle
“You know how, as a homeschool parent, you can go to conferences, research curriculum online, and feel overwhelmed by all the choices? Hiring Kris to do an individual consultation took all the stress out of planning for the upcoming home school years. She looked at our specific family and poured resources and ideas into our homeschool life. When I left our consultation, I had a specific plan with specific resources and she followed up with me afterward. I am so thankful for her open, easy approach to helping a home school mom like me!’’ — Cindy
“I met with Kris Cox in the spring to help prepare for the coming year homeschooling 5 of my children, but especially to discuss preparing for the high school years. We will have a 7th grader for the first time and I wanted to gain a better understanding of what is required in the high school years so we could take the year and focus on practicing and planning for the years ahead. It was wonderful to meet with Kris, I have highly recommended her to my friends. She brought an abundance of information on grading, how to create transcripts, and specifically tailored our discussion towards my daughter and her interests. She came prepared with answers to my questions and handouts for my files to refer to later. We discussed curriculum I selected as well as curriculum she advised might be a good fit for our family. Kris was thorough and knowledgeable about homeschooling. Speaking with Kris was beneficial for our family and I look forward to speaking with her again as our children continue to get older.’’ — Catherine
“I highly recommend Kris Cox. She is familiar with a wide range of curriculum and tailors her sessions to offer the best suggestions for your child’s learning style. When Kris met with me, I immediately felt comfortable with her. I also felt that her rate was very inexpensive, especially considering how much thought and preparation she had put into fulfilling my homeschooling goals. Kris is a genuinely kind woman who cares about parents and children and obviously puts a lot of effort into satisfying her clients’ needs.’’ — Joanne
“I have known Kris Cox for 17 years. Kris was readily available when I went to her for advice, guidance, and encouragement while I homeschooled my son for 12 years. Her dedication to excellence in the physical, spiritual, and educational development of her children was an inspiration to me. I admire Kris for her hard work, commitment, and joy in homeschooling as well as her character as a Christian friend, wife, and mother.’’ — Judy
As a fellow homeschool parent, I would like to highly recommend Kris Cox to you as a homeschool consultant. She has over 17 years homeschool experience, having graduated her four adult children plus an additional 6+ years of homeschool consulting experience. I have known her for many years as a personal friend. She has encouraged me as well as numerous families in her role as a support group leader. Kris also served as founder and director of the Constance Homeschool Etc. co-op for several years. In this capacity, she organized classes for over 30 families, recruited volunteer parents, and hired paid teachers for science and physical education classes. She hired Jon Nuckols who is well-known in the homeschool community as an excellent science instructor. Kris acted as liaison between the co-op and the YMCA arranging PE classes. Kris is very talented and incredibly patient. She is a compassionate and encouraging person. She has a deep faith in the Lord and will do an excellent job in assisting you in your home education as a consultant. The advice and prayer support you receive from her will be invaluable to you and your children! — Shelly
“I’m at the very beginning of my homeschool journey with my pre-schooler. I had no idea where to start. I’m so thankful a friend suggested I meet with Kris! My husband and I met for a one-on-one consult. Kris came well prepared with so much information for us. She listened to our story and our family dynamics and was able to give us so many resources and help us make a plan that would work with our family. I feel so much more confidence to start this year. She’s gone above and beyond emailing answers to more questions that I had after our meeting. I’d recommend her to anyone, no matter where they are in their homeschool journey.’’ —Lea